Not everyone gets Veterans Day off work, which stinks. I did though, which makes coming back to work for one day on a Friday even worse. If you're in the same boat, I can't blame you for not paying attention today. Here's a few things to get you through the afternoon:
- The New York Times will publish separate e-book bestseller lists. Yay, it's just like Little League! Everyone gets a trophy!
- David Rothman says we can't afford not to create a national digital library, and we can't leave it up to Google either.
- Man proposes via Kindle. Oh dear, I think it all goes downhill from there. At least it wasn't on a jumbotron at a football game.
- Not surprisingly, Ursula Le Guin was on this "future of reading" thing a few years before the rest of us.
- Meanwhile, the future of libraries apparently will look more like a Barnes & Noble with a bunch of computer terminals.
Have a good weekend.